Sizov Vladimir Aleksandrovich, Candidate of sociological sciences, associate professor, sub-department of justice, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia); head of the economic security and anti-corruption office of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Russia in Penza region (52 Zlobina street, Penza, Russia), email@example.com
Meshcheryakovа Anna Fedorovna, Candidate of juridical sciences, associate professor, sub-department of justice, Penza State University (40 Krasnaya street, Penza, Russia), firstname.lastname@example.org
Background. The current practice of using the operational experiment in law enforcement to document facts of bribery and commercial bribery is facing problems caused by imperfections in the existing federal law on operative and investigative activities: no legally secured concept of operational experiment, no legally regulated procedure of its conduct. These problems give rise to disputes in assessing the lawfulness of the actions of law enforcement agencies during the operational experiment.
Materials and methods. The article analyzes the regulatory framework, the rejected draft Federal Law № 831609-6 “Оperational-investigative Code of the Russian Federation”, the Resolution of the Supreme Court Plenum from 09.07.2013 № 24 (revised on 03.12.2013) “On judicial practice in cases of bribery and other corruption crimes”, ECHR judgment from 30.10.2014 “Case of Nosko and Nefedov against the Russian Federation” (the complaint № 5753/09 and 11789/10).
Results. The decision of the European Court of Human Rights from 10.30.2014 in the case of “Nosko and Nefedov against Russia” declared the results, obtained in the course of covert operations against doctor Nosko caught red-handed while taking a bribe, to be invalid. The European Court of Human Rights noted that the deficiencies of the operational procedures of the experiment were caused by the lack of adequate legislative regulation. This fact has a negative impact on effectiveness of Russian law enforcement agencies and reduces effectiveness of measures to combat corruption and bribery.
Conclusions. The Russian operational-investigative legislation needs to be improved, in particular, it require legal consolidation of operational concepts of the experiment, the procedure of its conduct meeting and criteria enabling to clearly distinguish legitimate situation modeling during the operational experiment from an incitement to commit a crime.
operational-invistigative actions, operational experiment, detention in the act, corrupt practices, commercial bribery, incitement, provocation.
1. Fedorenko D. N. Tamozhennoe delo [Customs service]. 2013, no. 1, pp. 38–40.
2. O federal'nykh organakh nalogovoy politsii: kommentariy Zakona Rossiyskoy Federatsii [On federal fiscal police bodies: comments to the Russian Federation Law]. Ed. by A. N. Kozyrin. Moscow: Statut, 2000.
3. Dolginov S. D. 20 let Konstitutsii Rossiyskoy Federatsii: aktual'nye problemy yuridicheskoy nauki i pravoprimeneniya v usloviyakh sovershenstvovaniya rossiyskogo zakonodatel'stva: Chetvertyy permskiy Mezhdunar. kongress uchenykh-yuristov (g. Perm', 18–19 oktyabrya 2013 g.): izbrannye materialy [20th anniversary of the Constitution of the Russian federation: urgent problems of juridical science and law enforcement in the modern Russian legislation: 4th Perm international congress of lawyers-scholars (Perm, 18–19 October 2013)]. Moscow: Statut, 2014, 368 p.
4. Shumilov A. Yu. Kurs osnov operativno-rozysknoy deyatel'nosti: ucheb. dlya vuzov [The course of operational investigations: tutorial for universities]. Moscow: Izdatel'skiy dom I. I. Shumilovoy, 2008, 391 p.
5. Lapin E. S. Operativno-rozysknaya deyatel'nost'. Kurs pravovykh i teoreticheskikh osnov: ucheb. posobie [Operational investigations. The course of legal and theoretical foundations: tutorial]. Moscow: Yurlitinform, 2011, 232 p.
6. Borisenko K. A. Ugolovno-ispolnitel'naya sistema: pravo, ekonomika, upravlenie [Penal system: law, economy, management]. 2014, no. 1, pp. 21–23.
7. Ageev A. A. Operativno-razysknoy Kodeks Rossiyskoy Federatsii: proekt Federal'nogo zakona № 831609-6 (red., vnesennaya v GD FS RF, tekst po sostoyaniyu na 06.07.2015) [The operational investigation code of the Russian Federation: the Federal law draft № 831609-6 (edition introduced to GD FS RF, the text as of 06.07.2015)]. Available at: http://asozd.duma.gov.ru
8. Fomin M. A. Ugolovnyy protsess [Criminal procedure]. 2010, no. 2, pp. 21–22.
9. Byulleten' Verkhovnogo Suda RF [Bulletin of the Supreme Court of Russia]. 2013, no. 9.
10. Sobranie zakonodatel'stva RF [Collected laws of the Russian Federation]. 1995, no. 33, art. 3349.
11. Byulleten' Evropeyskogo Suda po pravam cheloveka [Bulletin of ECHR]. 2015, no. 4 (154).